Rehearsals are underway for the 2nd Act Players’ fall show Old Ringers, book your tickets now and beat the rush. This play represents a number of 2nd Act Players’ firsts:
- First comedy the 2nd Act Players have ever done. Now, more than ever, we all need a good laugh, or two, or a dozen! This is the play to see for that.
- First return to the 2nd Act Players’ stage for Cofounder John N. Frank since his 2016 appearance in The Institute.
- First time we’ve been offering special deals to our most loyal audience members. What’s that about? Check our email blasts to find out, if you haven’t opened those, you’re missing a great deal for this show.
- First time we’ve partnered with so many outside organizations to promote our group ticket sales. That’s going to mean more butts in our seats, so get your tickets now to beat the rush.
- First time the 2nd Act Players has worked with an intimacy coach for its actors. The use of intimacy coaches is growing as theaters strive to allow their actors to feel safe and comfortable during intimate moments on stage.
Old Ringers Director Mitchell Ward says of the decision to bring in an intimacy coach, ““This facet of choreography is not only a safeguard for the cast and production team, it is also a strong step toward meaningful, intentional intimacy on stage that enhances our storytelling tenfold. I wouldn’t direct Tartuffe without a fight director; nor would I want to take on Old Ringers without a specialist for the sexy stuff.”
Performances of Old Ringers will take place Saturdays, Nov. 2, 9 and 16th at 7:30, and Sundays, Nov. 3, 10 and 17th at 3 p.m. in Logan Hall at Northminster Presbyterian Church in Evanston, home of the 2nd Act Players. To buy tickets, simply click here.
Diamond sponsor: Elderwerks