Barbara Blumenthal-Ehrlich’s play, Spark, begins as Joan’s 25-year marriage with Steve has imploded and the day has arrived for her to move out.
To find out more about it, come to the 2nd Act Players’ 2017 New Playwrights’ Showcase Sept. 23-24. Barbara’s play is one of seven chosen for staged readings at our showcase this year.
Buy your tickets today by clicking here or click on the ticket button on our site. And to entice you further, here are Barbara’s answers to questions we asked all our winning playwrights:
- When did you start writing plays?
After college, when I was daily reporter for United Press International in Chicago
2. What do you expect the audience to feel after hearing your play at our showcase?
That life is complicated and there’s two sides to every story. Circumstances and the power dynamic can flip.
3. Do you have a favorite character in your play and why or why not?
Since SPARK is a two character play, I don’t prefer one character over the other.
4. What’s the one technique that helps you get past writers’ block?
If I start the day at the gym.
5. What’s something most people don’t know about you that you’re now ready to share with the world?
I’ve never seen an episode of Game of Thrones.