The 2nd Act Players are staging two, dynamic new one-act plays this March at the Presbyterian Church Theater in Evanston — here’s why you should see them:
1. Two for the price of one…see two new dynamic plays for less than one ticket would cost elsewhere. The 2nd Act Players charge only $22. And parking is free on the streets surrounding the theater at 2515 Central Park Ave. Deals like this don’t come along every day. where else can you get such a bargain for live theater?
2. The World Series is over, really. Cubs fans, we missed you last fall, come see us now. We know a lot of you stayed home during our November staging of The Institute, but we understand. So come see us now when we stage two dynamic new plays with exciting new actors.
3. Say you saw them when. Three former 2nd Act Players are in Hollywood these days, come see the next generation of stars so you can say you saw them when. We’ve assembled two amazing casts, selected after several rounds of auditions we held in late 2016. You’ll want to be able to say you saw these actors when they were starting out.
4. Avoid the traffic hassle. Why go into the Loop with all the driving and parking headaches when you can take a leisurely drive to Evanston to see us instead? Free parking is plentiful around the theater and Evanston is alive with restaurants and fun shops to stop at before a show. Come, enjoy.
5. Put the screen down. Get off your phone and iPad and come enjoy live theater up close and personal. Meet the cast and a playwright after a performance. We have lots of special events planned with the cast and one of our prize-winning playwrights. Come out and meet people face-to-face.