Thinking about who should be on your last-minute holiday charity gift list this year? Please remember the 2nd Act Players at this most generous time of year.
Making a tax-deductible gift is easy, simply click this link. The 2nd Act Players is a registered 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit theater company which means gifts are tax-deductible.
So you’ll be helping foster the performing arts scene in Evanston and the Chicago area, and getting a tax deduction all at the same time, what could be a better holiday event than that?!?!?
The 2nd Act Players’ mission is to bring to the stage works by and featuring emerging artists that deal with key 2nd acts in people’s lives. We have dealt with the American immigrant experience, surviving heart disease and the pain of divorce from a man’s perspective in our initial productions. Our troupe has grown this year thanks to the generosity of our patrons and sponsors. Among our 2015 accomplishments are:
- Incorporating as a not-for-profit theater company
- Launching our first season with productions of Boys in the Basement in November and our upcoming co-production of ArLynn Leiber Presser’s Remembrance in January.
- Creation of an improv wing which held shows in Winnetka and Evanston this year, exposing the 2nd Act brand to new audiences in the process.
- A major expansion of our sponsor list, local and national businesses that have lent their financial support to our efforts.
- Garnering a rave review for Boys in the Basement, marking the first time the arts media has taken notice of our productions.
- Broadening our audience base through co-marketing with a major sponsor as well as with divorce support groups interested in the topic of Boys in the Basement —divorce from a man’s perspective.
It has been a busy year, one we could not have gotten through without the generous support of our patrons. So please, as you’re making those last-minute donations, include the 2nd act Players today, just click here. No donation is too small. Thank you.