Opening night for the 2nd Act Players’ latest production, the dramatic look at divorce and the power of true love entitled Boys in the Basement, opens FRIDAY, NOV. 6, only a few short days away. Here are the Top 5 reasons to buy your tickets for one of our six performances before this weekend is over. Click on the show title to go to the ticket site right now:
5. Like a fine craft beer, we have only a limited supply. With ony six scheduled performances, Boys in the Basement is like a rare seasonal craft beer, Enjoy it now before it’s all gone!
4. Discounts? We have discounts. Watching every penny? Who isn’t these days, but fear not, you can get discount tickets for Friday night shows if you’ve been divorced, are going through a divorce, or are an adult child of divorce. We also have special low, low pricing for students on Friday and Saturday nights.
3. Who else is offering an original two-act play in such a convenient location? Boys will be performed at the Noyes Arts Center in Evanston, right next to the Noyes Street station on the Purple Line, so it’s easy to get there by public transportation from Chicago and points north and south. If you’re driving, parking is free — try finding that in the Loop or at any off-Loop theater these days.
2. Let’s talk about it? Love discussing a play after you’ve seen it? You;re in luck, the playwright (me) and director of Boys will stay after Friday night shows to discuss it with the audience. Cast members might be there too, you never know what actors might do. So come on a Friday and let’s talk.
- This is a play that’s really worth seeing. Divorce from a man’s perspective? Who writes about that? If you really want to know how men think, this is your chance. And there are only six shows to do it in. So buy your tickets today! Go to: